Our Developers’ Dozen
Web Upgrades You Can Do Yourself
Web design by GSyndicates Media is your intelligent choice for sites that engage your audience and customers.Shenica R. Graham – Founder, GSyndicates™ Media
If you can answer, “Yes” to all or most of the questions on our Web Development Needs Survey, try the following more than dozen simple tips to empower your business to create an interactive Web presence that is easy to manage, saves you time and money, and helps you to harness and leverage the power of the Internet by increasing efficiency in your existing work processes. This is our free gift to you!
Answer the questions in this survey to the best of your current knowledge. If you need additional support services and or would like GSyndicates Media to develop your Website, please request a free initial project consultation. Have this completed survey available when speaking with a representative.
Our Web Design & Development Services
From landing pages to e-commerce solutions, our designs make your business work. We can begin with detailed design files, moderate conceptual sketches, or simple word descriptions. We can create the following elements for you:
- About Pages
- Blog Pages
- Color Schemes
- Contact Pages
- Coordinating Graphics
- Copywriting For The Web
- e-Commerce Sites
- e-Commerce Themes
- Email Newsletters
- Interactive Integrations
- Landing Pages
- Marketing Copy
- Ongoing Site Development
- Photography or Photo Sourcing
- Print Media Coordination
- Product Pages
- Sales Funnels
- Social Media Cards
- Social Media Covers
- Theme Customization
- Vistaprint Sites
- Web Optimized Logos
- Woo Commerce Themes
- WordPress Sites
- WordPress Themes
- Create and manage social media presence
- Ensure consistent branding across websites
- Monitor Social Media Streams
- Create and track social media ads
- And More!
- Legal Compliance
- Available Grants
- Government Programs
- Search Engine Optimization
- And More!
We create new WordPress themes and customize existing themes. Have you activated a new theme only to find your site looks nothing like the demo? We can help with that!
Thank you for choosing GSyndicates™ Media!
Our Services: Web Design
Implement the following tips to upgrade your Website
- Migrate your website to a content management system (CMS) that offers everything on this list without your needing knowledge of coding or programming. (WordPress is required for HM Media clients and includes all recommended options in this site upgrade list and more!)
- Add security features to your site to block email spam and malicious code.
- Add social media connections to your site (at minimum, you should have Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Use appropriate tags and categories when posting online content.
- Post relevant images with your content.
- Post relevant video with your content.
- Unless you have HTML and CSS design skills, save creative time with Website templates that fit your industry and services. (There are several WordPress templates to choose from when you create a website at WordPress.com.) Customize your template or hire a WordPress Designer to make changes. Note that WordPress Developers deal primarily in coding processes and may also have artistic design skills. A developer with no artistry can produce a functioning site, but will need to work with a designer for visual aesthetics. WordPress Designers deal primarily in visual elements, making a site templates and customizing them for visual impact. Designers may or may not also know coding languages. I am a WordPress Designer who knows CSS, HTML, and some PHP – which is the foundation of WordPress functioning.
- Update your site regularly to avoid stale content.
- Integrate a Web based calendar. If your organization hosts events, utilize an automatic updating, web-based calendar to include your event dates and details in your site. This way, when you enter new events in your organization’s calendar, the information will be automatically posted to your Website events page.
- Include a blog in your Website. A visually appealing Website can attract new customers. However, dynamic content keeps visitors coming back and referring their friends, too.
- Use an e-commerce plug-in that integrates seamlessly with your website to manage your cart and payment system, or implement a customization for invoicing service.
- Avoid busy background images unless content bearing sections have their own, neutral background; otherwise, your text can be difficult to read.
- Logos should be very clearly defined (high dpi images), then scaled down to create a logo in an appropriate size. Very large logos decrease professional appearance.
- Avoid page headers or backgrounds in colors that are very similar to overlying text colors, which can make text and text links difficult to see and locate on the page.
- Avoid themes with predominantly green or red text or backgrounds. Color-blindness is common compilation that interferes with Website image and text viewing when red and green are used.
- Choose a CMS with small or text-link navigation menus that allow nesting of menus. Avoid large button based navigation bars that can distract from page content. These navigation bars are outdated by Internet standards and make sites seem that have not been updated in this decade.
NOTE: Designers and developers have “toolboxes” that make a dozen helps worth so much more; hence the more than 12-point list. Enjoy!
One More Suggestion…
Now that you have some ideas of how to make things better, here is a final word of advice: “Choose WordPress for your CMS.” In the words of Smashing Magazine – one of the foremost Web Developer news and resource sites online, “There is no doubt that WordPress is the best content management system (CMS) for your website….” And no other CMS can “…hold a candle to WordPress for its ease of use, security and reliability” (Since I celebrated my thirteenth year of developing with WordPress on September 18, 2020, I tend to agree with that quote.).
For new projects owners with little WordPress experience, I recommend launching a free site with WordPress.com until you get up to speed. There are dozens of theme templates you can use without incurring a bill. When you are ready and having a paid subscription is economical, I recommend upgrading to a paid WordPress subscription which includes a free domain name for the first year. For more tips on hosting your own WordPress site with a third-party site host, check out the Smashing article I referred to above. Read My WordPress Quick Start Guide. Now, go forth and create!
Request a Free Initial Consultation
Your brand is your first impression. It can make the difference between a customer buying your product or service, and a click away that never returns. To help engage your market and convert more visitors to customers, we offer a complementary brand analysis when you request a free initial project consultation. This service includes website analysis.
Your brand elements will be analyzed and tested using industry standard evaluation tools. Your subsequent analysis report will include a summary of preliminary findings. Based on data from this report, we will develop a list of recommended services. While our initial evaluation is thorough, this is not an exhaustive report. Our paid web services include further evaluation by which other issues could be identified.
Join my email list and be among the first to get updates sent directly to your inbox.